Arranging the Funeral:
We operate a 24 hour a day , 365 days a year personal service. We are an independent, local, family owned business. WE DO NOT USE A CALL CENTRE.
Our service starts as soon as contact is made by a family, their representative, a nursing home or hospice. We will attend and take your loved one into our care once a doctor or qualified person has certified the death. If a person dies in hospital, we have to wait until the necessary paperwork is complete and until the death is registered before we can take them into our care. If the death is unexpected the Coroner may insist that your loved one be taken to hospital for further investigation as to the cause of death.
At a time convenient to you, we will arrange to meet with you in person to discuss all the options available in order to fulfil your personal needs and requirements and to accommodate any wishes left by the deceased.
As your Funeral Director, we will take care of all arrangements and paperwork required to organise the funeral and we will care for your loved one up until the day of the funeral.
Often family and friends wish to visit their loved one to pay their last respects in private. This is possible once we have carried out the required preparation and dressing of the deceased. We only allow visits by permission of the client and an appointment must be made.
Elements of the Funeral:
No two funerals are the same, each is unique and tailored to the wishes of our clients. There are several elements that tend to be common to each funeral and the following will need your consideration:
- Vehicles – A hearse is usually required to convey the deceased from our premises to the place of the funeral and onto the cemetery or crematorium. We also provide limousines for family and friends, these can seat up to 7 passengers and are driven by one of our uniformed chauffeurs, please ask your funeral director for prices.
- Coffins and Caskets – we provide a wide range of coffins and caskets, most are made locally which reduces their “carbon footprint” We provide solid wood, wood veneer, wicker, sea grass, wool and cane.
- Newspaper Notices – If you wish to place a notice or acknowledgement in any newspaper we will take care of this for you.
- Online Obituary – We now provide a free of charge online obituary which is accessed via our website www.lyndonmleeson.co.uk, please ask for further details. The obituary is interactive, people can leave messages of condolence, light candles, share stories and donate online. You will be asked if you wish to take advantage of this service.
- Floral Tributes – We work with several local florists, we can order flowers on your behalf or we can arrange for you to call and see the florist local to yourselves. You can of course, provide flowers from another source if you wish.
- Music – We will discuss the music required for the funeral and we will provide any recordings needed. If hymns are to be sung, we will secure the services of an organist.
- Stationery / Printing – We are able to arrange personalised Order of Service Sheets, attendance cards and any other item of stationery you may require.
- Catering for Receptions following the Funeral – We can arrange catering at various local establishments by request. We can also arrange for outside catering at a venue of your choice such as a church or village hall.
- Charitable Donations – It is usual for donations to be collected at the funeral service, we announce who donations will be for in any newspaper or shop notices.
- Cremated Remains – A decision on the final resting place of your loved ones cremated remains will be required. We can hold them for you, at no extra cost, until you are ready to make a decision.
- Memorials – Should a memorial be required for a grave or ashes plot, we can supply this for you through one of the stone masons we work with, please ask for details.
- Additional Services – We are often asked to provide alternatives to the traditional such
Motor Bike Hearse
Digital Photograph Displays
Outside PA System
The Old Stable
51 Bridge Street